AXO | BOND-5 is a light curing, single component bonding agent for use in combination with adhesive restorations. AXO | BOND-5 was developed for bonding composites and compomers to the tooth structure as well as for bonding amalgams and indirect restorations (e.g., porcelain).It primes and bonds in one step. Prior to the application of AXO | BOND-5 the tooth structure is conditioned with AXO | Etch gel 37%.
Urethane Dimethacrylate, Triethylene Glycol Dimethacrylate, Bisphenol A Diglycidyl Methacrylate, 2Hydroxy Ethyl Methacrylate, Tertiary Butanol, Photoinitiators, Stabilizer.
Adhesive for direct, light-curing and dual-curing composite and compomer restorations.
2. Adhesive for light-initiated resin cements used in conjunction with indirect all-ceramic and composite restorations (inlays, onlays, veneers and full-coverage crowns).
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE :
1. Isolation : Rubber dam is the preferred method of isolation.
2. Cavity preparation : Prepare cavity with minimal tooth reduction. Bevel cavo surface enamel margins.
3. Etching : Apply AXO | ETCH to enamel and dentin. Wait 15 seconds. Rinse for 10 seconds. Blot excess water using a cotton pellet or mini-sponge. The surface should appear glistening without pooling of water.
4. Adhesive : Immediately after blotting, apply 2-3 consecutive coats of adhesive to etched enamel and dentin for 15 seconds with gentle agitation using a fully saturated applicator. Gently air thin for 5 seconds to evaporate solvents. Light cure for 20-30 seconds.
5. Restorative placement, cure and finishing : Refer to manufacturer's instructions for placement, cure and finishing of restorative materials.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE :
Bonding porcelain veneers :
Silane treatment : Porcelain bonding surfaces should have been etched using hydrofluoric acid by the dental laboratory. Apply Ceramic Primer to the bonding surface of the veneer. Dry for 5 seconds. Clean the prepared teeth in preparation for seating and bonding using a plain pumice slurry. Rinse thoroughly and dry.
Etching : Apply AXO | ETCH to both enamel and dentin. Wait 15 seconds. Rinse for 10 seconds. Blot excess water using a cotton pellet or mini-sponge. The surface should appear glistening without pooling of water. An additional 15 second etch time may be appropriate for teeth that were not prepared using a diamond bur. Residual organic matter can also require additional etch time.
3. Adhesive : Immediately after blotting, apply 2-3 consecutive coats of adhesive to etched enamel and dentin for 15 seconds with gentle agitation using a fully saturated applicator. Gently air thin for 5 seconds to evaporate solvents. Do not light cure. 4. Adhesive application to veneer : Apply 1 coat of adhesive to the acid etched, silane treated veneer. Dry thoroughly. Do not light cure.
5. Luting material application to veneer : Apply luting Cement to the bonding surface of veneer.
6. Seating and curing : Carefully seat the veneer. Clean excess luting cement from the veneer margins. Cure each area of the veneer for times recommended by the luting cement manufacturer. We recommend curing the gingival margin first, followed by the body and the incisal margin. Avoid direct contact with the light-guide during initial curing.
1. Do not use AXO | BOND-5 adhesive if a patient is known to be allergic to any of the material’s ingredients or if the stipulated working technique cannot be used.
2. AXO | BOND-5 adhesive must not be used in conjunction with purely self curing composite materials. Dual-curing materials must be light activated.
3. Do not use AXO | BOND-5 adhesive for direct pulp capping.
WARNING : AXO | BOND-5 adhesive is an irritant. Contact with the skin, mucous membranes or eyes should be avoided. If case of skin contact, immediately wash with soap and water. If the material should come into contact with the eyes, immediately rinse with copious amounts of water for at least 15 minutes and consult a physician or ophthalmologist. In rare cases, contact with the skin may lead to a sensitization towards methacrylates. Commercial medical gloves do not provide protection against the sensitizing effects of methacrylate.
Storage Conditions : Store at temperature between 10°C to 24°C. Close the cap carefully after use. Keep away from moisture. Shelf life not affected after opening if stored in a cool dry place.
Shelf Life : 3 years from the date of manufacturing.